Crunchy Peanut Butter Slice
1½ cup oats
½ cup spelt flour, sifted (option to use plain flour)
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup Mother Earth crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp. rice malt syrup (or honey)
1 tsp. vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
200g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line square baking tin with baking paper.
- Place oats, flour, brown sugar and butter into a mixing bowl and gently knead until mixture is well combined.
- Evenly press the mixture into the lined baking tray and place in oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove tray from oven and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl add peanut butter, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, vanilla essence and salt and combine well.
- Pour mixture into baking tray and spread evenly.
- Melt chocolate over the stove, double boiler style (place chocolate in heatproof dish over simmering water)
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture and place in fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Once set, slice and serve.
Makes 12 slices.
Recipe by @the_nutritionguy.
To see our full range of Peanut Butters please click here.